Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap day surprises

This is what I have outside in our corner of New York. We had couple of inches of snow since noon and it's still going strong.
leap_day_snow_Feb29_2012
And this is what I have inside. Today I noticed new growth on my Oncidium "Gower Ramsey" orchid. Is it a spike? Is it a new pseudobulb? Time will tell.
This plant is yet another rescue from Lowe's. It's been only 2 and a half month since repotting, the plant is supposed to be growing a strong root system in order to recover but at the bottom of my heart I really want this to be a spike. Oncidium Gower Ramsey new growth

1 comment:

  1. I hope your snow melts and spring comes soon. We had 11 inches a few weeks ago, and then mild enough temps to melt it all. I am so ready for spring to get here!

    I have a number of plants that we take outside for the summer, and then they take up the room in the house, so I don't have space for bulb forcing. I hope that will end up being a bloom for you.

    ReplyDelete