Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - January 2014

This is my first Cymbidium orchid.
- It is enormous, more than 3 feet high.
- I have no idea where to put it until May when it will go outside.
- I never grew anything like. I have epiphytic orchids figured out, same for regular houseplants, but this is semi-terrestrial so it will be a new learning curve.
All these difficulties don't matter because I really wanted it. I've been delaying this impulse purchase  for more than a year. Besides, who wants to be flower-less on a Bloom Day?

Cymbidium Orchid

Sometimes I envy myself. In a few years I will be a proud grower of many challenging plants; I will have grown many pounds of sweet peppers, eggplant and even broccoli. There won't be many novelty plants left. But until then I celebrate every new and unusual plant I grow as a small victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment